This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission for purchases made through links at no additional cost to you. Clicking the links helps support our efforts to continue to provide you with great content 🙂
This blog post is about PCOS Friendly Smoothie Superfood to Boost Conception
The right combination of superfoods and supplements can be the boost you need to finally heal the PCOS symptoms you are experiencing. Below is a list of the best PCOS supplements and Superfoods that will help you heal naturally. These superfoods have been very helpful to me in my journey and they will be beneficial for you as well.
Why add Superfoods and Supplements to your PCOS friendly smoothie
I have also listed the healing properties of each of the superfoods so that you can pick the right one for your PCOS symptoms. Through these superfoods, supplements, and lifestyle modifications, I’m able to shorten my long cycle, start ovulating, lose weight, reduce my anxiety, heal my gut, and reduce my blood sugar.
We will discuss
- 7 Supplements to add to your smoothie to heal your Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome Symptoms
- My Smoothie Blender Recommendation
[Related Article]: Lose weight with PCOS
Please note that this article contains affiliate links. When you make a purchase through this link, I may make a commission at no cost to you. Read more about our disclosure.
SUMMARY OF OUR TOP PCOS SUPERFOOD FROM HIGH-QUALITY BRANDS
- Spirulina: KOS Natural Pre Workout Powder – Blue Raspberry Flavored Blue Spirulina Blend – Contains Caffeine
- Chia Seeds: Navitas Organic Chia Seeds
- Cinnamon Powder: McCormick Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- Turmeric Powder: McCormick Organic Turmeric Powder
- Cacao Powder: Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- Maca Powder: Maca Root Powder Organic – Peruvian Root Premium Grade Superfood (Raw) – USDA & Vegan Certified
- Psyllium Husk: Organic India Psyllium Herbal Powder
- 1000 Watts Large Capacity Smoothie Blender: Ninja BL610 Professional 72 Oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base and Total Crushing Technology
- 600 Watts Personalized Smoothie Blender: NutriBullet NBR-0601 Nutrient Extractor
7 Superfood Supplements to Boost Fertility and Heal PCOS
Before we jump in note that all the superfood supplements are available through Amazon Prime with 2-day shopping which comes in handy if you want to start treating your symptoms quickly. If you’re not already an Amazon Prime member, you can snag a 30 day FREE trial for all your health care shopping.
1. Spirulina: Blue-green algae that are high in protein and naturally nutrient-dense
- Sugar balance
- Insulin Resistance
- Improve Iron Levels
- Support Adrenal glands ( Hormone and stress regulator)
2. Chia Seeds: when added to water will swell up and have a gelatinous consistency. This helps with feeling full faster and for longer aiming for weight loss. Chia seeds are rich in calcium magnesium, omega 3 fat, iron, and zinc.
- Helps improve Weight Control ( feeling full longer)
- High level of Magnesium – Improve sleep quality
- Omega 3 fat, iron, and Zinc- improve insulin sensitivity, Acne, and irregular period
3. Cinnamon Powder: it is derived from the inner bark of a species of tree from the genus called Cinnamomum. Cinnamon has an aromatic smell and is also a type of spice.
- Blood sugar control and helps with Insulin Resistance
- Decrease chronic inflammation
- Increase progesterone (Usually low in women with PCOS)
- Decreases testosterone to balance hormones
[Related Article] How to Build a foolproof PCOS-friendly smoothie.
4. Turmeric Powder: it is from the ginger family, it also contains curcumin which gives it the yellow color and has long been used in Ayurveda medicine.
- Helps reduce Insulin Resistance
- Lowers lower sugar levels
- Increases high-density lipid (HDL) which is considered the “good cholesterol”
5. Cacao Powder: Not to be mistaken with its cousin Cocoa powder, Cacao is made with unroasted fermented beans therefore not processed at high temperatures like Cocoa. it also does not contain sugar and dairy.
- Improves mood
- Good source of Iron for those who suffer from anemia
- May Improve insulin resistance
- Lower testosterone and inhibits it from converting into DHT, which causes excess body hair or Hirsutism.
6. Maca Powder– Adaptogenic herb which means that it helps the body adapt and resist internal and external stressors.
- Maca can help you maintain balance and homeostasis.
- Improves hormone imbalance due to PCOS
- Improves endocrine and thyroid function
- Improves mood and ability to handle stress
7. Psyllium Husk– made up of soluble and insoluble fiber that can help improve digestive health
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Maintain healthy blood sugar level
- Maintain healthy weight
My Best Smoothie Blender Recommendations
Invest in the right smoothie blender, the right blender can make or break your smoothie-making experience. You need something that’s powerful enough to break down the fruits, greens, seeds, and nuts without the use of excessive liquid.
When I’m in the mood to share 🙂 or just need to make a big batch. I usually go for my Large Blender. I have had this blender for 5 years and it’s still going strong. The Ninja BL610 Professional 72 Oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base is great for crushing ice, large pieces of fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables.
I also realized that I needed a personal blender that didn’t take up too much space, which allowed me to make a smaller batch of smoothies that can be taken on the go. The NutriBullet NBR-0601 Nutrient Extractor, 600W, was exactly what I needed. Check them out.
Conclusion about the 7 Superfoods & Supplements recommended for your next PCOS friendly Smoothie
So those are my top selections on superfoods and supplements that you can add to your PCOS-friendly smoothies to finally get some relief from your polycystic ovarian syndrome symptoms.
It’s always important to go for high-quality supplements and I hope that you find these selections from these brands helpful in your journey.
You do not need to use every single superfood, I encourage you to take a look at the notes about how each supplement can help you with the specific symptoms you are experiencing.
Whether it’s insulin resistance, constant hunger, or digestive issue, there is something here for you.